This past week in Ottawa our Métis Nation Saskatchewan Minister of Health Marg Friesen, Minister of Education Earl Cook, Sr. Director of Policy & Research Dorothy Myo and MACSI Director Raymond Laliberte took part in a National Health Forum.
They participated in discussions related to:
– Metis Nation Rights, Relationship Building and Reconciliation
– Understanding & Advancing Métis Nation Health Priorities
– Helping Our Most Vulnerable Citizens
– Addressing Mental Health & Addictions
– Developing Metis Nation Health Data Systems
– Tackling Metis Nation Health Determinants
– Collaborating for Success
The week was about highlighting non-existent health services in our Metis communities and creating a plan to tackle moving forward. We look forward to engaging with our Métis citizens in the months ahead.
(Photos and summary of discussion courtesy of Brennan Merasty)